Monitor w/ TV tuner

Steve Demarest demarest at tumwater.net
Mon Feb 3 21:50:56 PST 2003

I am close to buying a new monitor. Nice of Apple to dramatically drop
prices.

I want to dual purpose the monitor I get and also be able to watch
television on it.

Choice one seems to be the Apple monitor coupled with El Gato¹s $200 Eye on
TV

Choice two seems to one of the flat screen monitors with a built in TV
tuner. The 17² Cornea CT1702 is $499 and ofers 1280 x 1024 resolution.

Choice three would seem to be a flat screen TV that accepts a digital input.

Where the computing use will be 90% and TV use 10% seems the third option is
self eliminating. But as between the first two options, I would appreciate
any thoughts.

TIA

Steve