"Macintosh Digital Video List" spam?

Marya marya at pacific.net
Tue Feb 4 00:58:05 PST 2003

Thank you, Gordon, for your courteous explaination of why this
is happening.

Marya
-----------------

Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:19:00 -0600
From: "Gordon B. Alley" <galley at texas.net>
Subject: [MacDV] Re: "Macintosh Digital Video List" spam?

I'm another subscriber to the digest version of the list. Yesterday I
was having trouble posting replies to one digest before the next one
arrived.  :-)

It appears that a digest is posted anytime the total of pending
messages exceeds about 20K bytes. Since there has been a lot more
traffic with the availability of iMovie 3 and iPhoto 2, the digests
have been coming fast and furious.  I suspect it will settle down in
another day or so.

--Gordon