Defrag Your Drive

Phil A. Lefebvre p-lefebvre at northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 4 08:06:37 PST 2003

>Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:14:49 -0600
>From: Kevin Ledgister <kledgister at mac.com>
>
>Does anyone know of any shareware or freeware defraggers?  I'm not
>interested in spending $50-$100 for a lot of other tools that I don't
>want.

Just copy your project to a new blank drive. Easily faster and more
reliable than any defrag software. I tried to defrag 70 GB of video
data once (on an 80 GB drive). It took 2 days, then crashed after 90%
complete, taking my project with it. I now own two 80 GB drives and
two 40 GB drives. Backup/defrag of a full drive takes less than an
hour or two and is far more secure.