[MacDV] [OT] Re: unsubscribe me

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Feb 4 11:51:43 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 11:59  AM, Ric Perrott wrote:

> Another one.
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to:
> <MacDV-off at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> why is this so hard for some people?

Since that may not be obvious to everyone, simply click on the web link
that is near the bottom of every post. Just about every list I
subscribe to has a web site listed at the end of every message. Simply
following the link will usually take you to a page describing how to
set options for the list, including unsubscribing or switching to/from
digest mode.

I know on some lists the listmom will manually unsubscribe users who
mistakenly send "unsubscribe" messages to the list, but the polite
thing to do is follow the "official" instructions to do it
automatically. It not only prevents the message from being sent to
everyone on the list (nobody here can do anything about it), you also
don't have to wait for the listmom to read the message and find time to
unsubscribe you.

-Mike