Formac Studio and imovie 3

Len McGrandle lencm at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 4 12:33:55 PST 2003

Is anyone else here using an A/D converter with imovie 3?

I have been unable to capture both audio and video successfully with my
Formac Studio and imovie 3.  The audio is a totally garbled sputtering
noise while the video is fine, no jerking.  Playback of previously
recorded projects from imovie 2 work, but some of them have some
background static not evident with imovie 2.  I am running imovie 2 and
3 from the same hard drive, with imovie 2 moved to a different folder,
all in OS 10.2.3.  I have tried many different sound settings, all with
the same effect.

I tried the alternative of importing a file into imovie 3 saved from
the software video player which comes with the Formac.  This works
fine, but importing such a file takes a very long time.

imovie 2 did not give me any problems like this, so I guess I will just
not use 3.

Len

P.S. I sent an earlier message similar to this, but I did not see it
posted.  In any case, this one contains updated info.