[MacDV] Video Static when transferring VHS to DV to iMovie/FCP3

Mark M. Florida markflo at mac.com
Tue Feb 4 15:52:31 PST 2003

Two words:  video tracking.  There's really nothing you can do about
this except play the tape back on the same VCR as it was recorded.  All
VCRs track a little differently, so this effect varies in intensity
from machine to machine.  You will probably not notice it when it plays
back on a TV, since the viewable area of a TV is less than what you see
in FCP or iMovie.

Hope this helps.

- Mark