iPhoto?

David themixguy at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 01:33:21 PST 2003

This may be off topic for this list... but maybe not. Thanks for your
consideration:

Can anyone explain to me why iPhoto creates this labyrinth of folders
to store pictures? It makes backing up and archiving, much less sharing
with non-iPhoto users a pain. Why does one set of imported pictures end
up in a number of nested, numbered folders? The workaround for my needs
seem to be exporting the pictures, preserving their names, storing them
in a new folder on the desktop, then burning a CD. I understand iPhoto
2 now has a burn feature built in but I just tried it and it too makes
iPhoto-only Albums with nested cryptic folders. The CD is easily
readable by iPhoto (nice) but one is clueless to just start clicking
through on the CD.

Thanks,

-DC