8500 & VCD's

R. A. Cantrell racan at flash.net
Wed Feb 5 06:48:03 PST 2003

Dear Moviemakers,
                            I have got my blunderbuss 8500 ready to do a
little video, I think. I could use some help taking the trial and error
factor down. The end product of my enterprise is a cd-r movie (700mb). I'd
like to get the cd-r (video cd I guess) to play in all Macs, some PC's and
some dvd players. I *think* that a Quicktime movie is what I'm talking
about, but am too new at this to know for sure. It is my intention to import
video (footage?) from a Sharp analog video camera via the composite in jacks
on the 8500 and into Strata Videoshop 4.5's Digitizing window. What is the
best size setting for importing to (ultimately) get a 10-15 minute movie
that will display into the formats I'm aimed at and  fit on a 700 mg cd-r? I
have a lot to learn about PAL, NTSC, and so  forth and  even  more to  learn
about compression issues.
The  8500 has a lot of  ram (768mgs) a lot of storage (75 gigs) and a
G3/300mhz processor. I have QT Pro 5 and OS 9.1.