IDVD and yLife (why iLife)

Steve Demarest demarest at tumwater.net
Wed Feb 5 13:10:14 PST 2003

Dear  Listers;

All of the iLife components, except iDVD are available free by download.

IDVD is available free with all superdrive macs

IDVD only works with superdrive Macs

So, who would want to buy iLife?

Seems, either you can get all useable components free, or you already have
the one component not available as a free download. What am I missing?

And, on the topic of iMovie 3 . . .

    I really like the way a clip that gets split into two, pushes the other
clips out of the way to keep the two in sequence.

    I really like the incorporation of iphotos iTunes. Especially iTunes
since previously iMovie did not read the MP3 format.

    Now if only split clips appeared split in the Finder and if only they
could be named in iMovie and have those names carry forward to the Finder. I
still find it very hard to share clips between projects because of this
naming hassle. When is iMovie 4 coming out?

Steve