Best way to incorporate still photos to iMovie?

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Thu Feb 6 13:14:59 PST 2003

Forgive me if this topic has been discussed before - I do my best to read
thru all the digests.

Having just received my new  G4 1GHZ DP Tower and 22" Cinematic Display I'm
ready and raring to break into the iApps (and ease my way around OS X  while
I'm there).

I have 2 subjects I want to throw out there....here's the first:

I have a huge box of old still photos that I want to use within my iMovie
creations. Which is the better method of doing this -
1. Scanning each and every one?
2. Using the mini DV camera to briefly "film" each still and then I just
have to capture the footage into iMovie or FCP for editing?

Any tips and procedures would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy