Two 5.25" Drives In An Old G4 or B&W G3 Tower

Tom Kirshbaum tom.kirshbaum at nau.edu
Thu Feb 6 21:29:51 PST 2003

Having considered trying Kunga's tin snips hack to keep my old DVD RAM AND
my new 105 Superdrive in the G4, and then having considered putting the DVD
RAM drive in a new external case, I am wondering:

What will the DVD RAM do that the 105 won't? There's a slight difference in
capacity, but otherwise, is it just a matter of using already bought or
burned DVD-RAM disks (which used to be very expensive), or am I missing
something? Is there some functionality that the 105 doesn't have?

Tom