[MacDV] To Demux or Not To Demux That Is The Question

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Feb 7 00:26:31 PST 2003

I want all you authors out there to know that I have 2 iMovie books, a
QuickTime 5 book, 4 FCP books, a Premiere 6 book and the FCP Manuals
1-3 and not one of them has the word "Demux" or "demux" in their index.

Why Erica Sudan? Why Gene Steinberg? Why Tony Reveaux? Why Lisa
Brenneis? Why Jason Cranford Teague? Why David Teague? Why Tom Wolsky?
Why Judith Stern? Why Robert Lettieri? Why Antony Bolante? Why all the
rest of you authors? Why have you ALL ignored the need for a section on
the process and variables involved in demuxing video and audio into
separate files to be recombined in the final edit?

You throw that word out like it's the word "chocolate" and I don't
appreciate me having to ask such stupid questions about something that
is so easily explained by Steve Rogers in a few posts and NOWHERE in
any of these tens of thousands of pages. I believe that this is a
subject that has been grossly overlooked by all of you. Shame on all of
you! (sarcasm) ; ^ )

Would you please add this topic "demux" to what you are currently
writing and add the word to the index?

And will any of you who have written pages about demuxing please come
forward and claim credit for it so I can run out and buy your book
immediately please?

Thank you all for paying attention to this rant and scrambling to call
your editors to stop the presses to add this section immediately. This
is an outrage!! ; ^ )

Love yall,

At 10:39 PM -0600 2/6/03, Phil A. Lefebvre wrote:

>>  Any way to get mpeg into iMovie?
>
> Convert to DV using various utilities. Check versiontracker for MPEG.

Rumor has it that you can import the MPEG straight into
iMovie by drag & drop. Make sure to demux the video though
to recover your audio.

Haven't tried it myself yet

-- Erica