Final Cut Express

David themixguy at mac.com
Fri Feb 7 09:45:56 PST 2003

Jim:

You wrote:  I resent Final Cut Express because I bought Final Cut Pro
for the full
> price of $1300 including upgrades just 13 months ago,. Now you can buy
> barely cut down version for onequarter the price. This erodes my
> Professional edge

You professional edge is the skill and experience you bring to every
project. Just like when graphic design tools came to the desktop, not
every computer user became an expert. There are plenty of examples of
bad desktop publishing out there to bear this out. But there are also
LOTS of talented graphic designers still making a good living doing
what they do: providing a quality service. Making a living at the edge
of technology is always going to be a challenge. Trust in your talents.

-DC