[MacDV] Re: Final Cut Express

Ric Perrott writerric at mac.com
Fri Feb 7 10:48:02 PST 2003

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 11:48  AM, James Asherman wrote:

> Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
>
>> I remember you told me that 6 weeks after buying a computer the
>> purchase of a new operating system system is o.k., so take your
>> advice and swallow the bitter pill.
>
> Actually I don't think I said that was ok . I think I said that was
> one of the other annoyances i was forced to bear.
> In that case it was a twenty dollar expense on a level playing feild.
> In this case I have subsidised less "advanced" users.
> FCP 4 better have some wizz bang stuff.
> Jim

Erm, what exactly makes you think that you're somehow more "advanced"
than anyone that doesn't use Final Cut Pro Jim? If I show you a
finished film, you can't tell me what was used to edit it. If you can,
then the editor is not worth his/her salt and should never edit again.

I for one think it's GREAT that Final Cut Express exists. Maybe now
some of the iMovie only crowd will move over to the more powerful tool
and we'll all have better quality movies to watch. In addition, we
should be able to expect more and better plug-ins, support, etc, for
Final Cut now that it appeals to a much wider audience. Perhaps then,
some of those users can even become as 'advanced' as you Jim!