[MacDV] Re: pass through on a TRV-900?

Warren Freeman wtfreeman at attbi.com
Sun Feb 9 14:33:08 PST 2003

Here is a link to a hack to enable the pass-through capability of the Sony
TRV900 video camera.  Although I have not yet tried this hack myself on my
own TRV900 (which I have had for several years and dearly love), the TRV900
video camera apparently does possess the capacity to do analog-to-digital
pass-through (but, as I understand it, this mode is ordinarily not enabled
in the video camera as it comes from the factory):

    http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/rm95.html#transcoding

On parent link of this page,

    http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/

John Beale has created an astonishingly complete resource archive centered
primarily around the Sony TRV900 video camera but with an excellent
discussion of other digital video cameras and all sorts of other digital
video-related topics.  The site contains an excellent FAQ and some very
useful links.

Regards,

Warren Freeman