iLife (iPhoto 2)

Ian Tucker carlian at picknowl.com.au
Sun Feb 9 21:23:31 PST 2003

I would like to thank those people who have been passing on
observations and advice regarding the installation of iLife and/or some
of its Applications.    Due to the size of the iMovie download and some
of the comments on the List regarding problems encountered  I decided
to take no action until I received my copy of the iLife DVD.  Following
receipt and installation last Saturday   and following some of your
advices I have not experienced any problems so far other than iDVD3
not being able to locate a few files for a short time.   However,
probably like most others,  I have not had time to try everything out
as yet.

  Although slightly OS, I wish to raise a couple of issues regarding
iPhoto2,   ie. when now in the "observation" mode ,  thumbnail images
seem to  appear more crystaline and unclear than they did in iPhoto1.
If you fully enlarge the image  whilst still in this mode the picture
then becomes quite clear.   Is this just me , or have others noticed
this change also ?

My other query is to do with exporting images from" iPhoto" to Apple's
"Mail" programme.   If you wish to export more than one image to an
address and they are in sequential order and you "join" them by holding
down the "Shift" bar all of the photos will appear as attachments in a
new , single email.   However,  if you wish to export individual photos
to a single address and they are not in sequential order they all end
up in individual, new emails.   With the latter, is there any way to
avoid starting several new messages?

TIA
Ian Tucker.
Adelaide.