[MacDV] Re: CDs to use for VCDs

Ric Perrott writerric at mac.com
Tue Feb 11 13:03:28 PST 2003

Audio Decks can only *record* to Audio or Music CDRs. They can read a
standard CDR that has been recorded in Redbook audio format fine, just
as most consumer grade Cd players can.

The confusion stems from the fact that you must use specially indicated
Audio or Music CDRs in these standalone decks to *record* on them. You
can however, use a regular CDR to record Redbook Audio on a computer,
and it will *play* fine in a standalone deck.

As far as computers are concerned, they don't care one way or the
other. However it is my experience that most Music or Audio CDRs use a
better grade of dye in order to ensure a successful burn. make of this
what you will when deciding if the added cost of these CDRs is worth
it. In many cases it is not and regular data grade CDRs will fit the
bill just fine.

I hope this clears up any confusion :)