[MacDV] iMovie 3: out-of-synch audio

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Tue Feb 11 16:38:04 PST 2003

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 05:49  PM, Randy Wilson wrote:

> I took one section that seemed to have a stutter and cut & pasted it to
> the beginning of my movie so I could output it to tape and listen to it
> there to rule out hard drive trouble.  However, at that point, a much
> worse problem showed up: The audio was about 1/2 a second out of synch
> on the exported tape! Yikes! What's up with that??

Cutting and pasting a clip has no effect as to were it is located on
the hard drive.  The file always stays intact that is why a cut and
paste happens so fast and an undo is so fast.  All you do by cutting,
pasting or moving clips is tell the computer what part of the file to
play, were to stop and then move the head to the next point ect..  Most
modern hard drives are so fast that it can be played in real time and
appear as a contiguous  file rather than a bit from here and piece from
there which it really is.

Gerhard

P.S. if you want exact control of the play head get a Contour Shuttle
or use the left and right arrows

> digest version.

> $879!

Gerhard Kuhn