** Is this really a Digital Video problem? ** part 2

Hans de Bijl hansdebijl at wanadoo.nl
Wed Feb 12 06:22:59 PST 2003

Hi,
The chances of it being a software problem
were pretty much eliminated when you restored your iBook.
I've seen this kind of thing (disks not mounting and macs slowing down
to crawl) with bad firewire cables. Have you tried another cable?
Also, boot into OF (holding down option-command-o-f) and type in the
following lines:
set-defaults
reset-all

.... tho I think the cable would be your best bet.

filipp

This is a good one Filipp,

I also tried
reset-NVRAM
set-defaults
reset-all

but the problem was still there.
Could it be an earlier firmware update?
Can I go back to the firmware version that came with my iMac?
I saw on the internet that many people suffer from this FireWire Deafness.
http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=9584

Regards
Hans de Bijl

Anyone with a solution????

I had to updat my firmware to install JAGUAR