[MacDV] Re: iMovie 3// Toast Lite 5.2 Howto

Filipp Lepalaan filipp at mac.ee
Thu Feb 13 01:10:59 PST 2003

Hi,
Yes, the idea would be to produce a consumer DVD drive - compatible
DVD.

As far as I know, I'm stuck on this one - I have an external LaCie DVD-R
drive (it's the Pioneer 105 on the inside) and no software to use it with.
I found Sizzle which, in it's own right, is a nice thing that creates
a disk image (with the right format / folder locations, names)
from audio and video file inputs which I could then drop into Toast
Lite and burn.

But this has several gaps, I would first have to encode the video that
I export it from iMovie with *some kind of* MPEG2 encoder, (demux
audio and video?); also, there's no way to add titles, chapters etc (although
Sizzle has an option for adding Tracks.... I wonder if it's the same thing)

I guess the morale of this is - don't buy a LaCie unless you're planning on
buying DVD Studio Pro. Get a Formac that has comes with Devideon
(tried Devideon
with the LaCie, although they both (Formac / LaCie) use the same
burner inside, it doesn't
work)

I remember someone mention an alternative to iDVD that supported external
burners?

Many thanks,
filipp