Digitizing audio using iMovie (was Re: Extracting Audio from iMovie)

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Feb 13 07:25:15 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 09:03  AM, miltonv at mac.com wrote:

> There are many ways to do this I am sure, but I used ITUNES to do
> this. Just take the DV file from the Media folder and drop it into the
> iTunes window and it will make it readable. Then Make MP3s.

Wow, that's one way to take a simple, initial solution and make it even
easier! I'm filing that away because I have a related question.

I've heard that some people use iMovie to import audio (from tape or
vinyl) via Firewire by running it through their digital camera or
convertor box. Does anyone here have a good feel (or hard info) for
wether this digitization process yields better quality than using the
built-in audio inputs on some Macs or using USB audio convertors?

Any thoughts and info appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike