[MacDV] Re: Extracting Audio from iMovie

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 13 14:25:04 PST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 04:15  PM, Erica Sadun wrote:

> It exports as an AIFF (at least I think so).
> Most Mac sound editors will be able to play it.
> In fact, iTunes should play it if you "Add to
> Library" instead of "Import" the sound.

To wrap this subject up, I have successfully burned my audio only CD,
and the simplest suggestion did the trick. When you "extract audio"
from an iMovie clip, it is indeed an AIFF as Erica says (but using "Get
Info" doesn't tell you this) and you can get it into iTunes by simply
dragging the voice clip from your Media folder in your iMovie project
to the Library window in iTunes. It retains the AIFF format in iTunes
and makes a nice audio CD. I'm sure the methods involving export to
Quicktime will work also, but it turns out this is not necessary in
this situation.

Thanks everyone,
Steve Robertson