[MacDV] Re: 10.2.4 May Hose iMovie 3

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Feb 14 11:19:04 PST 2003

On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 11:53  AM, Dennis A. Amith wrote:

> I did an export to VCD right after I installed the 10.2.4 update.  Had
> no
> problems.

No problems for me yet under 10.2.4, but I have had VCD exports crash
iMovie3 on occasion prior to the 10.2.4 update.

> The only three things I notice are:  When starting iMovie 3, it
> took almost 40 seconds or possibly a minute to have the program ready.
> have a G4, 700mhz, 1.5G RAM but as discussed on this ML, perhaps the
> newer
> G4's have a quicker startup.  Not sure.

Takes about 30 sec on my dual 1 GHz with 1.5 GB RAM. Others don't seem
to see this problem but I haven't yet figured out the cause.

> The other is imovie not detecting the camera.  Detects it the first
> time but
> when I do a new project, it doesn't work.  Had to restart imovie3 to
> get it
> to recognize again.

That's been the case for me since I installed iMovie3, that is even
before the 10.2.4 update. Actually, I haven't tried yet to see if the
10.2.4 update corrects this or not for me.

I'm still plagued by 1 second pauses between when I click on clips and
when they show up as selected.

-Mike