[MacDV] Re: Replay

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Feb 14 11:42:45 PST 2003

On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 06:43 AM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> Tivo 2 will have an ethernet port for that purpose along with Mac
> interface software. I don't think it's shipping yet. Anyone know?

1. Tivo 2 has been shipping since at least last June. I know because
that's when I first saw one in a store.
2. The purpose of the ethernet port is NOT file sucking as I understand
it. It's for rendezvous-related stuff. The file sharing over ethernet
would scare the MPAA too much, so I tend to think it's not gonna happen
that way.

Disclaimer: I'm a former TiVo engineer (I worked on the TiVo service
itself).
--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net
"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite.