[MacDV] Re: How to add lots of text in iMovie 3?

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 15 18:22:16 PST 2003

At 9:12 AM -0500 2/15/03, Winston MacKelvie wrote:
>Just a suggestion, I don't have Snapz, but I read that Snapz
>captures movement, so, how about capturing scrolling AppleWorks text
>pages (deselect Show Margins and Show Page Guides in Menu>Document)
>and make it a regular movie clip? I wonder if one could video tape a
>scrolling screen of text? Probably would have to be a flat panel
>display. I might try this today.

Warning, warning all you guys.

iMovie uses DV compression which was *not* designed
to show lots of text. In fact, text is an (ahem)
textbook example of the worst possible data you can
use for digital video. It combines high-contrast black
& white with sharp horizontal/vertical edges.

You can do as you suggest.

Just prepare for it to look really really awful.

-- Erica