Imovie3 problms

Paul sheppard sweetchops at guernsey.net
Tue Feb 18 03:34:13 PST 2003

From: Paul sheppard <sweetchops at guernsey.net>
Date: Tue Feb 18, 2003  11:10:54 Europe/London
To: <MacDV at list.themacintoshguy.com>
Subject: Imovie3 problems

I'm running a : Imac G4 800, 256 ram, 60 Gig H.D, Superdrive OSx 10.2.4

I down loaded Imovie3 from Apple site and eagerly installed it. After
the beach ball of death had finally stopped i was informed the Plugin :
  Localized .r.s.r.c was not working. Clicking O.k, the beach ball
returned. Eventually i was able to open one of my movies made in imovie
2. The first thing i spotted i was that imovie would not play the
reverse clips and some of the transitions did not look like they  did
in Imovie2.
Thinking perhaps it was a problem with the download i  bought the iLife
c.d from Apple.
After installing the problem was still there. So i threw away all
references to imovie and reinstalled. Same problem!!!
The Localized.r.s.r.c i could get rid of by removing the toast titanium
plugin from the Home- library-Imovie -Plugins-folder. Which did not
help the reverse clip, or transition problem at all.  The toast plugin
i needed with imovie2. I was under the impression imovie3 was toast
compatible. The plugin i have saved, do i need it?  I have no idea what
do about my other problems. I'm considering going back to imovie2.
These problem i have had in both 10.2.3  and 10.2.4. I upgraded to the
latter hoping it would solve my problems. Any Idea's
  Thanks Paul.