Mobile Setup

Sam Bass videovideo at mac.com
Tue Feb 18 11:36:00 PST 2003

I disagree.

The Apple recommended set up for FCP and TiBook is to capture on the internal hard drive. If you partition a drive, use the first partition (outer) for your media files, since this is the faster partition.

You can also capture to an external FW drive by daisy chaining it with your camera.

You do not have to capture clips on one drive and move them to another drive, and if you do, you will have to reconnect the file path.

Note, this is for FCP, not iMovie, which might have different requirements.

Remember, you only need 3.6MB/sec thruput for DV video.

 sb