[MacDV] Re: Mobile Setup

Donna B blktauna at shawstudios.com
Tue Feb 18 12:09:50 PST 2003

on 2/18/03 2:36 PM, Sam Bass at videovideo at mac.com scripsit:

> The Apple recommended set up for FCP and TiBook is to capture on the internal
> hard drive. If you partition a drive, use the first partition (outer) for your
> media files, since this is the faster partition.

Never knew that. Most interesting.

> You do not have to capture clips on one drive and move them to another drive,
> and if you do, you will have to reconnect the file path.

I use strata videoshop dv. I prefer to keep the clips I am working on, in
the internal drive. I store my clips elsewhere. Having only a 3 gig drive
can be a pain. Try sorting through a stack of cds for clips. I have sort of
a phobia about editing on remote drives. If I go to bigger projects I'll
have to get over that.

Donna
My Brother, My Captain, My King - Boromir
Good, Bad, ...I'm the guy with the gun...-Ash
People must learn to stop being insects - Thor

"looking forward to post-slaughter booze up" - Secret Diaries

blktauna at shawstudios.com
http://www.shawstudios.com - Gateway to The 5 Deadly Venoms and more!
http://girlsguidetohkmovies.com - The Girls Guide to Hong Kong Movies(c)
http://www.chow-sing-chi.com - Stephen Chow Sing Chi