eMacs & swapping out internal optical drive

Randy Clark hawkgx at planetkc.com
Tue Feb 18 20:02:40 PST 2003

Anyone heard of being able to replace the CD-RW on an eMac with a Pioneer
105 burner? Now that I'm seeing some refurb eMacs for around $700, I'm
wondering if my Cendyne unit (now sitting in an external case connected to
an iMac DV SE 500) could be put into these machines.

My preference is for a used/refurb G4 tower, of course, but since our money
tree died last year, I'm trying to get the most bang for my limited buck.

Real-world experiences or just highly educated guesses welcome!
--
Randy Clark
hawkgx at planetkc.com
Kansas City