[MacDV] newby question

Doug Mitchell bogeyman at golden.net
Wed Feb 19 10:40:03 PST 2003

I had similar if not more severe problems with a G3, 400 running iMovie
2.  My second drive which I used for digital video was running as a
slave to my main drive, which means that it was connected to the same
bus as the main drive.  This main bus on a G3 runs at 33mhz which is
not fast enough for digital video.  I had to install an ATA 66 card in
one of my PCI slots to solve the problem.  This allowed the faster bus
to carry the video and the problems went away.  These buses are not
expensive and give you the option of using your second drive as a
second startup drive.  Other things which are a must on slower machines
include turning off the energy saver and de-fragmenting the hard-drive
containing the video.  I hope that this helps.

Doug Mitchell