[MacDV] Re: Final Cut Express

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Feb 19 13:00:37 PST 2003

aixa at mac.com wrote:

> On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 12:20 PM, Macintosh Digital Video List
> wrote:
>
>> I resent Final Cut Express because I bought Final Cut Pro for the full
>> price of $1300 including upgrades just 13 months ago,. Now you can buy a
>> barely cut down version for onequarter the price. This erodes my
>> Professional edge.
>> This is my opinion in short.
>> Jim
>>

> That's not very democratic, and what kind of opinion do you have of
> yourself if your edge comes from pricing out the competition?
>
> Dan

Hi everyone. I have been away for a couple of weeks and stuck in Orlando
while newark was closed. at any rate I made it clear that I consider
myself a technician annd not an Artiste.
 I believe my point was that I ,who am (sic way low budget to begin with
am  now being out priced by even less encumbered lower budget
entrepreneuers. Cheers for them. 9 years ago the guys with D2's and
Paintboxes said the same thing abouut me and my video Toaster. True.
What goes around... True. Suckit up and learn more. True. It is not the
tools . True.
 I am seinf the end of Video as a business for me. Sad.
Jim