Mobile Setup

Bill Freeman flipflapco at mchsi.com
Wed Feb 19 15:52:56 PST 2003

>I haven't had occasion to install many internal hard disks, but I was
>under the impression that the OS would only allow one disk to be
>designated as master. Would you happen to know where to find the
>instructions for installing two masters? Or do you just set the jumpers
>on both to the master setting?
>
>Steve Robertson

Each IDE bus can have a master drive and a slave drive.  Your
computer probably has at least two IDE busses.  One intended for up
to two hard drives and one for your CD/DVD drive.  The CD will
normally be set as master, so you could slave another hard drive in
that buss but you probably won't be able to boot your system from the
slave drive on the CD buss.

Apple system profiler will show what active busses and drives you
have on the "devices and volumes" page.