[MacDV] Re: DVD Media - Durabilty

SLarsonIH at aol.com SLarsonIH at aol.com
Thu Feb 20 18:26:35 PST 2003

Cases where the DVD or CD doesn't click into place? Never seen one. Even the
commercial DVD I've bought and rented click into place. In fact, they're
worse than the CD ones as there is no recess on the edge to get under the
edge of the DVD to remove it to play. I'm confused. Tell me more about these
cases.

STeve

<< Organic dyes, yes. But more importantly, DVDs are composed
of two laminated layers that, unlike CDs, can separate
particularly when stressed over time. As a rule of thumb,
don't store them in those cases where they "click" into place.

-- Erica >>