Stereo to Mono in FCP

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Fri Feb 21 19:31:06 PST 2003

I need to use an audio clip that was recorded in stereo. However, only
one channel was recorded. I know it's not ideal, but I need to copy the
left channel to the right or make the clip mono.  I've done this in
iMovie by extracting the audio and opening it in Amadeus II and saving
it as mono. I'm not sure what I need to do in FCP. Can anyone help? I
have Amadeus and Peak DV, but I've never used the latter. Of course, if
there is a solution from within FCP, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Daniel Beck
danielbeck at mac.com