[MacDV] Re: Apple screen saver

Elbert Wall elbertdw at radiks.net
Sat Feb 22 17:57:31 PST 2003

Charles Martin wrote:
>> From: Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be>
>>
>> How can I make a slideshow with my pictures like the one Apple does.
>> (Zooming and moving around with their pictures.)
>

> You can do this with iPhoto. I made one based on pictures from scenic
> parts of Oregon that is a big hit when I give presentations ... people
> prefer the screensaver! :)
>
> You can create something quite similar with iMovie3 as well. Check out
> the Apple page on iMovie3 and read up on "the Ken Burns Effect" for more
> info.
>
> _Chas_

Capturing the images from the screen saver probably doesn't require as
much work. I didn't see any panning and zooming in iPhoto. I think
iMovie and Still life would require him to change settings for each and
every image. Not fun if he had hundreds of images. The screensaver pans
and zooms by itself.