[MacDV] Re: vidcam help

Shirley Kehr ShirleyKat at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 23 19:17:37 PST 2003

You may want to spend some time on the Sony and Canon sites as well as
go to a store and handle cameras. The names we hear most often on this
list are Sony (such as the TRV mentioned below) and Canon.

I started with a Canon ZR10 because it was one of the cheapest cameras
and I wasn't sure how much I'd get into this. It recently bit the dust
and I replaced it with a similar model (ZR40) at almost half the cost of
the ZR10. It has 18X optical zoom and is discontinued in favor of ZR60.
Other members of these families (ZR50 and ZR70) go up to 22X optical
zoom. (Don't pay any attention to digital zoom.)

I don't know about the closeup yet; that's something I wanted to know
too and didn't find anyone mentioning it in reviews or specs. However, I
just stuck my watch up close to the lens and it did a good job of
capturing the numbers. I bet most cameras do this well.

Shirley