[MacDV] Camera selection

Preston PSeyle at mac.com
Mon Feb 24 18:00:45 PST 2003

I have a Sony digital8. they are cheap and actually quite good, but
unless you need to use it to import Hi8 or regular 8mm into your Mac,
I'd say go for MiniDV.

I would not get started "collecting" at tape format that you will not
be able to use with your future camera purchases. I say this assuming
that you will indeed want to upgrade your camera at some point. And
you can't do a whole lot of upgrading within the Digital8 lineup.

FWIW
-Preston