Camcorder Battery Problem

Derek Roff derek at unm.edu
Wed Feb 26 13:27:43 PST 2003

I have seen this, but I don't have any useful insights.  I saw this
problem on three different batteries shared between a Sony TRV 10 and
a TRV 30.  I thought it probably meant bad batteries, as Phil
mentions, when the camera reported 200 minutes of battery life on
start-up, but then started blinking the battery low warning a short
time later.  I also wondered if it was the camera's battery life test
circuit.  Both cameras and all batteries were stolen before I could
do a careful analysis.

Derek Roff

--On Wednesday, February 26, 2003 12:02 PM -0800 Macintosh Digital
Video List <MacDV at lists.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:57:40 -0600
> From: "Phil A. Lefebvre" <p-lefebvre at northwestern.edu>
> Subject: [MacDV] Camcorder Battery Problem
>
> A awhile back I dropped my Sony TRV-103 Digital 8 camcorder. Didn't
> think much of it as it seemed to work just fine. I did notice that
> my  batteries were dying rather quickly, but I figured they were
> just too  old (3 years old to be exact). Well, I bought a new one
> and that one  dies prematurely too. (after 30 minutes, even though
> it is rated for  240 minutes.) When I take it out and put it back
> in, the battery  isn't dead, as the camcorder reports it still has
> 200 minutes of  life. Regardless of how much life the battery has,
> the camcorder  seems to stop being able to get juice from it after
> about 30 minutes.  Has anyone seen this before?

Derek Roff
Language Learning Center, Ortega Hall Rm 129, University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131  505/277-7368, fax 505/277-3885
Internet: derek at unm.edu