[MacDV] Re: Error of type-127

June Parlett jparlett at gte.net
Thu Feb 27 19:42:41 PST 2003

My iMac is one of the original 233hrz Rev. A Bondi Blue, with a
NewerTechnologies 433  CPU, max amt. of ram, and OS 8.6.1
I did get it to shut down, and when I restarted it threw away the
finder preferences, stating that they were corrupted. and I was able to
start up with the extensions off, and then shut down normally. Since
the Finder preferences were redone, Couldn't I also trash the System
preferences, and the Macintosh HD preferences, and then restart, to see
if that would help. I know that they are rewritten when they are in the
trash(that has not been emptied). I learned that in a Troubleshooting
the Macintosh class, where the finder preferences are trashed first. I
didn't think of it, the iMac did it for me. So since the Finder
preferences were corrupted, then rewritten at the time of start up with
the shift key pressed down.
Now, everytime I go to start up, the imac gets stuck. I can see the
progress bar, but it gets stuck around 15% of the way every time (not
holding down the shift key). How do I remedy this problem and get my
imac to start up properly?
June