[MacDV] fundamental question

Colin McDonald cmmcdonald at mac.com
Fri Feb 28 10:30:29 PST 2003

on 28/2/03 15:35, timjoe at timjoe48 at webtv.net wrote:

> 1. is video work with a mac is more complicated and glitch-ridden than
> you imagined it would be?

Hasn't been for me - just stick to iMovie 2 for now. Or FCE or  FCP if you
need the extra facilities.

> 2. are there just too many pitfalls in this type of endeavor for an
> average-ability videographer/computer user to deal with?

I don't think so. Half the problem is that some folks can't seem to stick to
a hardware/software set up that works.  The temptation always to have the
latest version is strong, but not logical.  We should wait  for the bugs to
be identified and preferably sorted.

I still use Microsoft Works 3 ( gasp) for simple database work because I
know what it can and can't do, and that hasn't changed in 10 years.

For more complicated work, there are other programmes.

My 2p

Colin McDonald