[MacDV] Re: iDVD3- does it work w/ non-Apple superdrives?

Shane Walker shane at soldesignfx.com
Fri Feb 28 11:41:59 PST 2003

Sorry if this has been covered a dozen times, but will iDVD 3 work on
systems where an after-market (i.e. Firewire external) SuperDrive has been
added?  I know the iLife DVD installer disc refuses to install on such
systems, but does the software itself function?

I really, really wish Apple would get off this idiotic kick of shutting out
'upgrade' customers...my TiBook is only 8 months old and, yes, I would've
purchased it w/ a SuperDrive at the time, but, guess what, they didn't offer
one.  I have DVD Studio Pro and THAT works w/ third party drives...just
would be nice to have a quick-n-clean (as opposed to quick-n-dirty) iDVD
solution running.

Thanks!
Shane Walker
shane at soldesignfx.com