[MacDV] fundamental question

Brian Matthew bmatthew at sd73.bc.ca
Fri Feb 28 15:46:31 PST 2003

>i plan to buy a superdrive-equipped powerbook for video editing and
>production to dvd and other formats...this would be a big turn in the
>road for me...however, reading this board for two weeks has been like
>getting cold water splashed in the face!...now i have a feel for the
>enormous range and compexity of problems that exist in this type of
>endeavor...you know how it goes: you hear about what you can do with

For straight video capture, download to computer via iMovie then edit
I have found the Mac setup to quite straightforward right out of the
box.  Like anything else the more you do that is different the more
chances you have of introducing variables that are going to create
problems.  Getting started with video was easy and the learning curve
hasn't been that steep.  My vote would be go for it.