[MacDV] Re: Pioneer DVR-105 for $170

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Wed Jan 1 15:07:26 PST 2003

>Very cool! Do have any info about the second part of my post?

No - I'd like to know the answer to that too (i.e. could you put this
drive in a FireWire enclosure and use it externally without losing
any functionality ?).

Cheers,

Paul

P.S. After my initial success I'm having some "issues" with the drive
now - I now get a kernel panic at boot with the drive connected
(although this didn't happen initially). I suspect I may need to
change a jumper on the drive, or it may just be that having the bare
drive sitting on top of the motherboard (with an empty DVD case for
insulation) is causing electrical and/or thermal problems. I'm hoping
that the OP (Sean Collins) will be back soon with more information on
how he installed his drive.