[MacDV] Direct to DVD release

Gerhard Kuhn suspice at hay.net
Thu Jan 2 06:52:14 PST 2003

So would paying for the content be considered to be part of profit?  I
believe that the actual production cost of packaging and the disk is not
much more than one dollar.  But you have to pay the production studio
(engineers to the guy that sweeps the floor), the trucker, the
warehouse, the marketing campaign, the artists and the retailer before
you get it in your hands.  So comparing a the cost of a blank DVD to one
that has content that you want to sit down and watch makes no sense!
On Thursday, January 2, 2003, at 02:27  AM, finalcutpro8 at netscape.net
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone here tell me based on a sale of $19.99 USD what the actual
> cost of producing a DVD is? I am talking like the cost of the DVD disk,
> insert, casing...
>
> How much of the sale piece would be profit?
>
> Chris

> The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now!
> http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp

> http://webmail.netscape.com/

> digest version.

Gerhard Kuhn