photo to movie software

JM juanm at mac.com
Thu Jan 2 19:47:20 PST 2003

Hi

I got this e-mail tonight (see below). I did provide several thoughts
and answers to this person.

Any thoughts from the group here?

Thanks

juan

Hello, My name is xxxxxxxx and I just joined RIMUG.  In the issue of
Applesource which I have, you wrote a review of Photo to Move.  I
downloaded it and tried to use it.  Some of the movie clips are great.
Others are horrible.  Two major problems.

1.  Even using high quality mode, some of the clips look like they only
have about four frames per second, making for very jumpy zooms and
pans.

2.  Small features, and lines which are nearly horizontal or nearly
vertical, flick in and out of view, seeming to jump around.

Quick summary of what I'm doing/have.  I'm using a Titanium G4
Powerbook, 400 megahertz, running OSX 1.1.3.  I've used a variety of
input formats, Photoshop, Jpeg and TIFF.  I have been careful to check
the box for high quality output (a 15 second clip takes 48 minutes to
produce).  It is unpredicable whether a certain slide will give great
results or one of the poor results.

I'm planning to go to next week's RIMUG meeting so if you have some
ideas that may help me, but they would take too long to write down, let
me know and I'll look you up at the meeting and take notes on your
ideas.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

eom