[MacDV] Re: iPhoto2, iMovie 3 and iDVD 3 Bundle For $49.95 Next Week

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 4 12:41:40 PST 2003

>On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 12:14  AM, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:
>
>> Sounds interesting but is probably going to require an upgrade to 10.2
>> which I have not been willing to do for many reasons.  The main reason
>> was Apple greed $200 Canadian after only only having 10.1 for two
>> months, should have had a upgrade discount for 10.1 users.
>
>You're only hurting yourself here, not Apple. Jaguar is hands down at
>LEAST 75% more stable and offers at least a 25-30% performance
>improvement over 10.1. To not upgrade to a radically better OS simply
>because you disagree with Apple's upgrade policy is only cutting off
>your nose.
>
>You're worse off for not using 10.2, Apple I'm sure couldn't care less.

OTOH, I had a problem burning a DVD using iDVD in 10.2.3, Powerbook 1gig
w/Superdrive. The same file burned flawlessly on another machine
(desktop867). While I can't say I've isolated the cause, Jaguar is one of
the suspects.

Bobbo

19 new Nature images online at  http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice over -- http://www.bob-vo.com