[MacDV] Re: Painting over video

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 4 14:04:21 PST 2003

>On 12/29/02 7:42 AM, "Filipp Lepalaan" <filipp at mac.ee> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> This might be totally off-topic,
>> but I just wanted to ask, what software
>> is there to "paint on video" (to achieve
>> something like in Waking Life) ?
>
>I'm not sure I understand the question completely but take a look at Studio
>Artist (normally, I'd include a URL but I am writing this while jammed into
>a Coach seat on Southwest, headed to SF for Macworld Expo). I've seen it do
>stuff like what you describe.
>
>Shawn King
>On this week's YML:
>Live from Macworld Expo - it's Your Mac Life!
>http://www.yourmaclife.com

It's www.synthetik.com. Be prepared to download some serious stuff. Be
prepared to have your mind blown. And, if you decide to purchase, be
prepared for a learning curve requiring aerobic preparation. But it does do
what it calls rotoscoping, not a precise use of the term. In Studio
Artist-ese, that means you can create an artistic effect on a single frame,
to get the look you want, and then have SA apply that effect or series of
effects to each frame, using AI routines. Some examples are on the site.
But beware! I bought it and then "had to" upgrade to a faster laptop (yeah,
any excuse will do...)

Bobbo

19 new Nature images online at  http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice over -- http://www.bob-vo.com