[MacDV] Re: Pioneer 105 last day!

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Sat Jan 4 14:28:08 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 03:37  PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> Wow! That's fantastic. Like pre-paying a rain check. Congratulations.
> Steve Talkowski! Go back to the store with your unopened 104 and
> insist on the same treatment as Illovox Media got in the Seattle area.
> Just transfer your purchase to the pre-paid 105 while waiting to get
> more.

Too late - I've already installed it.  Oh well.  I'm backing up my G4
450 so's I can try to install OSX on it (which i've had major problems
with the original DVD ROM drive - it's a loooong story).  Plus, it's
such a hassle to get back out to that OfficeMax location.

Odd thing though, I'm using the most recent version of Toast 5.2 and
I'm only able to burn at 1x speed.  Does the DVD-R media need to be
rated at 2x?  I purchased a 5 pack of SmartDisk 4.7GB DVD-R media when
I picked up my 1GHz Superdrive TiBook 6 weeks ago.

Also, do you think I need to update the firmware according to this page?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/hs/mac_updaters.html

I do have to wonder why OfficeMax would list those two different models
as being equal though?

My brother in AZ is checking on the DVR-105 availability out there for
his PC.  I half-joked if he found that model that we should trade. ; )

-Steve