[MacDV] Re: DVR-105 for $170

Milton van der Veen miltonv at mac.com
Sun Jan 5 09:38:32 PST 2003

Thanks for this lead. I was on the verge of buying one for my DP-500 G4
tower but I'll wait till Tuesday afternoon to see what Steve Jobs comes
up with at MacWorld SF.

I've been waiting to upgrade until there seemed to be a big enough
increase in the machine to warrant it. I have to keep reminding myself
that I use my machine for hobby and volunteer work not as a livelihood
like many other people and can't really justify spending the money to
upgrade -- but it would be nice to be able to write DVDs.

But would the $500CDN be better spent as part payment on a new G4 with
a SuperDrive (probably a 105 anyway) and trade-in value for the DP-500
-- not sure what that would be -- or just upgrading the DP-500?

Milton