[MacDV] Re: DVR-105 for $170

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Jan 6 12:26:15 PST 2003

I really wasn't that hard to do. Just snipping the corners off the 3.5"
slot with a pair of tin snips, then bending all the metal that supports
the 3.5" part of the bracket flat out of the way. I have the DVD-RAM
under the DVD-RW 105. Of course you have to forget about the perfect
looking front panel. I removed that to begin with and can't put it back
on. But My Macs are all under the table so I never see them anyway. I
don't care about cosmetics on a Mac that is 4 years old. It has very
little resale value anyway. Plus this 2 full 5.25" drive modification
offsets what resale value I may have subtracted by destroying Apple's
lame 1.5 drive setup. Mine is a 500 MHz B&W G3 from June 1999. I don't
plan on selling it.

Kunga